Monday, May 13, 2013

Waltham Steampunk Festival

The Watch City Steampunk Festival is a retro-Victorian extravaganza, with goggles, corsets, tophats, gears, and steam engines.


(Video link) The weekend event is held near the Charles River Museum of Industry in Waltham, Massachusetts. Scattered throughout the town center are vendors, workshops, films, authors, musicians, and dancers.

I was there (wearing Arthur Denison's coat) to give a lecture on Dinotopia. In this video, a calliope plays John Philip Sousa's The Liberty Bell March, also used by Monty Python.

Watch City Festival

2 comments:

Roberto said...

Looks like a real Retro-Vistorian SteamPunk Gas! Do I see an opportunity for some fun street scene sketches?-RQ

Eric said...

Looks like it was great fun! I bet the audience enjoyed your Dinotopia lecture.

I remember when steampunk was just getting popular, thinking to myself how steampunk-friendly Dinotopia is :)